Ingredients: (Makes around 12 slicer or 8 if you’re hungry!)
- 4 ripe bananas, about 700g
- 75g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 1 egg
- 150g white plain flour
- 50g wholemeal flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 75g sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 200C/ 180C fan/ Gas mark 6. Lightly grease a 1kg loaf tin with a little of the butter
- Peel and mash the bananas in a bowl. Add the melted butter, followed by egg and stir well.
- Add both flours, baking powder and salt to the bowl then gently fold everything together until well mixed. Set aside about one tablespoon of sunflower seeds, then fold the rest into the mixture.
- Use a spatula to transfer the mixture to the loaf tin. Shake gently to distribute it evenly in the tin and then smooth the top with the spatula. Sprinkle the rest of the sunflower seeds on top.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes until well browned then leave to cool.
- After it cools enjoy with a nice cup of coffee after your ride!
Recipe from: 7 Days UAE